Pages

July 4, 2011

Two-bite G/F Brownies

I found a recipe for brownies on Chow.com.  I have a million recipes for brownies, so why did I pause on this one?  It called for Glutinous Rice flour, and made sure to explain that this flour was important, that it could not be just swapped out willy nilly.  I was intrigued by this new flour I did not currently have in my cupboard.  I think I emailed myself the recipe and then put it in my subconscious to find Glutinous Rice flour. 
 
Then I found it, in the bulk section of a local health food store, The Horn of Plenty in Dundas.  Their bulk section is like a library of amazingness.  I didn't walk out of there for less than $100, I stocked up!  I found mung beans, and black beluga lentils and .... I am getting off topic.  I found the flour I needed, and then best of all, I found the recipe again. 
 
I made the recipe, and it fell flat.  It still tasted good because, lets be serious chocolate and butter CAN"T taste bad no matter what you do to them.  But they were not impressive.  So I made them again, tweaked the recipe and tried them as mini two-bite brownies.  They stuck to the pan, so the next day I made them again, with cupcake liners.   All my hard work paid off, the last batch rocked the house!
 
We ate them on the deck with ice cream, it was a great afternoon.
 
Recipe to come shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment