Pages

June 16, 2011

Breakfast at work


My bed is never more comfortable than when I wake up in the morning. The slow awakening to the day is worth all the hurry that comes later. Because of this I eat my breakfast at work. The bus drops me off about 25 mins early so I have a nice enjoyable breakfast. Sometimes I bring a toasted egg sandwich, wrapped in tinfoil, which never disappoints. But my usual is oatmeal with fruit and some chia seed/buckwheat/hemp cereal blend.

I can throw these simple ingredients into my lunch bag and go! I eat Natures Path Flax Plus oatmeal, and Chia Goodness Cranberry Ginger. With this breakfast I manage to eat several kinds of grains, seeds, fruits and a nut milk. All in a little bowl.

These both have a little sweetness and salt so they are perfectly balanced when I add hot water and in-sweetened almond milk. Then the fruit of course. My favorite is frozen pineapple, peach and strawberry.

There is no reason to skip breakfast because it is too early to eat or you just didn't have time.

This is the simplest and best breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment