Pages

March 24, 2011

Black Kale


What is that?
Is that Kale?
Oh that looks good!
Oh that feels good!

I reached up and pulled it out of the produce case at my local health food store. It was black kale, lush and deep green. I bought it and ate it for the next couple days, sauteed into stir-frys, sliced into salads, it just felt good to eat it.

Then I made this soup. I had leftover black rice and quinoa, some random veggies, miso paste, red curry paste, veggie broth cubes, garlic.

An impromptu lunch on my day off. Steve loved it, and we ate it for the next few days.

6 comments:

  1. I'm your first follower! You're the best. Can't wait to see what you make next pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm your second follower.
    i still think you should open your own cafe/food bar.
    the site looks awesome.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ARE AMAZING and I love this. Food is love, Food is Art, Food is really what makes the world go round. And through it we grow.

    SO.... let's cook something sista. When every you're ready, my kitchen is open :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I should take some credit for the amazing cook my daughter has become. It probably stems from the blah school lunches I made her. Like "Salsa and cheese" sandwiches and "Boxed Bakery Vanilla & Lemon Cake" which was on the top of the list of " I Hate" :-) Love you Adele...MOM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Adele! I can't wait to try out some of your recipes. I think you're pretty, so I'm sure your food is pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...I wonder if any of these recipes will win the next round of Tapas...quite possibly!

    ReplyDelete