Pages

March 31, 2011

Dinner on Murray




We didn't have to dirty any dishes tonight, we were treated to dinner. Brittany and Ivan had soup and herb & garlic pita on the table for us when we arrived. The pita was covered in fennel seeds, garlic, an herb blend and toasted.

A spicy rice noodle shrimp stir-fry was up next. Ivan and I were basking in the sriracha heat, while Steve and Brittany felt the burn. It is always so hard to judge spice level when you love the heat yourself. The stir fry had everything I love, baby corn, broccoli and water chestnuts.

Sharing food with friends feels good. The feeling is imprinted somewhere deep down in our genetic blueprint. Meal times are meant to be savoured, and when others are around, meant to be spent together, gathered. Whether conversation flows, or quiet enjoyment lingers, a meal spent with friends is nothing short of a gift. Then we had dessert!


ICE CREAM COOKIE SANDWICHES



I thought long and hard about what to bring for dessert. I always stop and ask myself "What do I 'feel' like eating" whenever I am preparing to cook something. And this time I wasn't sure what I would want for dessert, not knowing what I was having for dinner. So I brought what I knew we all LOVE.

The cookie was a Vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate Snicker Doodle with Vanilla Soy Ice cream.

We ate the whole batch, 4 of us, it is slightly embarrassing, but who cares they were incredible!

1 comment: