Pages

April 19, 2011

cashews and chocolate

This recipe is one of my all time favourites, you can't make it wrong. It is quick and easy and the cookies taste good no matter how long you bake them. Pull them out early and you can eat them with a spoon with a big glass of mylk. Leave them in longer and they are perfect to dip in hot tea or crumbled over ice cream.

This time, I left them in the oven a little long. I blame the timer, which I set, but didn't start. It's the timers fault. But it wasn't a problem because they were still amazing and they were perfect to store in the cookie jar on the counter.

I love cookies. They are simple, hand held little treats. Not too sweet, not to high in calories. I bring cookies everywhere I go, and these ones, are always well received.

Cashew Chocolate Chip Cookies


1/3 cup almond mylk
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 TB arrowroot starch
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup cashews, broken up a bit

  1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F
  2. Mix wet together in a bowl
  3. Sift dry ingredients together
  4. Add the dry to the wet and mix just until combined
  5. Scoop batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet
  6. Bake for 10-14 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment