Pages

April 1, 2011

Umami


The fifth taste alongside the well known four of sweet, sour, bitter and salty. Umami is a Japanese word that is often translated as "meaty deliciousness", and that about sums up its appeal. You just learned something new! or maybe you knew that already, but I didn't!

This week I made a recipe from the latest yoga journal. It was a miso glazed eggplant dish, full of UMAMI! I also made a video of me cooking it, but it was a bumpy first go, long and lots of info to digest. I actually really liked it, but I know I can do better. I am going to get a tripod and gather my thoughts for the next one.


Click HERE to WATCH the VIDEO

But just for fun, here is the Intro to the Cooking video, if you want to see into my kitchen and my video skills.

Try some Umami of your own on for size! And what do you think of the video?

No comments:

Post a Comment