Pages

May 10, 2011

Fiddle Heads



These are a very illusive food group. The moment you see them in the market you have to grab them because they are only available for a few days a year. I can't believe it but this past week was the first time I have ever eaten fiddle heads. I filled a big paper bag and excited marched to the cash register.

I already knew how to make them, from all the stories I have heard from friends and family... "sauteed in butter they are the best" . It sounded like a plan. I trimmed the ends just a little, gave them a rinse and then threw them into the cast iron pan with a little butter and vegetable oil. They only take a few minutes. What do they taste like? Smell like? Steve and I both agree, they taste like GREEN. We love Green so they were as impressive as they have always sounded.

If you see Fiddle Heads... BUY THEM AND EAT THEM QUICK!

No comments:

Post a Comment