Pages

May 15, 2011

Whole Wheat Bread



Steve and I attended a Bread Baking coures at a local college today. I thought we would be guided through the proper skills and techniques of kneading and creating beautiful bread. I had dreamed about it. It was actually more like home economics in High school, just a few photocopies and little direction.

The result was rather pleasant... once we escaped from class!

I am not just saying this because its our bread, because i've made quite a bit of bread in my day, but this is the most amazing bread I have ever tasted. It is just perfect. We even improvised by sprinkling oats over the top right before baking. With 3 slices across the tops for good measure.

As soon as I got home, I started making split pea soup with quinoa. We ate the soup with slices of fresh bread we kneaded ourselves. We didn't even toast it, just a thin layer of butter.


We are so proud!

If anyone is looking to do a bread trade, I think that would be fun

No comments:

Post a Comment