Pages

May 2, 2011

Ginger Carrot Rissotto

Did Easter go by incredibly fast for anyone else? I didn't even eat an Easter egg! I haven't sat down in front of milk and beans for a few days now and its terrible. Where does my time go when I am not watching it, into the sink, I think. I have had so many delicious meals over the last few weeks. Birthdays and dinner parties are the best way to share food and try new things.

Most of the time we eat simply. I am extra happy when I have leftovers from a meal, so I can eat them the next day at work. This risotto is the best day-after meal you can have. I add a little splash of water and toss it in the toaster oven in a Pyrex dish.


I love to cook, but sometimes I look at the dirty dishes in the sink, the clutter in the fridge and the time on the clock, and I just want to get take-out, so I can wait for it while I am laying on the couch. I don't know why some days just take it out of me more than others. Risotto is one of those meals that I can whip up with barely anything in the fridge and it always tastes great.


1 cup arborio rice
4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup white wine
1 inch nub fresh ginger
6 carrots, grated
1 small onion, about 1/3 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic
1 handful fresh baby spinach, chopped roughly
1 tbsp butter
salt & pepper to taste
  • In a large saute pan heat a few tbsp of vegetable oil
  • saute ginger garlic and onions on medium until soft.
  • Add rice and continue stirring for 1 minute
  • Add wine and stir until liquid is gone
  • Add grated carrot and 1 cup of stock
  • Continue stirring until stock has reduced. Add 1 cup of stock every time it looks dry until rice is tender, about 25mins.
  • When rice is a few minutes away from perfect add spinach, butter and salt and pepper to taste.
Dig IN!

1 comment: